According to Gartner, by 2024, organizations using CSMA to integrate security tools within a single ecosystem will reduce the financial impact of individual security incidents by an average of 90%!!!
The implementation of this approach provides many advantages for a company of any level:
- Combined Cybersecurity Architecture (CSMA) provides a basic level of support that allows different security services to work together to create a dynamic security environment.
- CSMA provides a more consistent level (what is a consistent security state?) of security to increase enterprise security agility. As organizations invest in new technologies to enable digitalization, CSMA provides a flexible and scalable security framework. It provides additional asset protection in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
- CSMA creates a better defensive posture through the collaboration of integrated security tools, detection (monitoring) capabilities, and predictive analytics. The result is a faster response to hacks and attacks.
- The cybersecurity technologies implemented under this model require less time to deploy and maintain, and minimize potential challenges to support new business needs. As a result, it saves and frees up time for cybersecurity teams.
How is SOC useful in implementing the CyberSecurity Mesh approach?
When we talk about the role of SOC, we are primarily talking about the trinity of technologies, processes and people with which we solve problems related to operational support for cybersecurity:
- Centralized collection of event logs
- Unified dashboards for all cybersecurity systems
- Security controls based on centrally developed and implemented policies
- Ability to integrate with solutions from multiple vendors (including APIs)
All this allows to say, that SOC is an integral part of any cybersecurity architecture, and using CSMA approach implementation and operation of SOC will be much easier, as well as subsequent scaling for growing business tasks.
SOC significantly enhances an organization’s cybersecurity by ensuring that every single point or subsystem is controlled NOT by relying on any particular technology, but by combining the capabilities of various technologies within a single system.
SOC significantly expands and strengthens the toolkit of the defending party through machine learning, thread intelligence, thread hunting technologies. It makes you truly ready to repel attacks by professionally trained attackers.